11.18.2008

Finding what works


Homeschooling has definately been an adventure. I am so blessed to have this opportunity. We are 10 weeks into our schooling and I am still finding ways that will make our journey better. From our first week until now, I have made many changes. I have observed the kids and our family life and found that certain times of the day are better for certain activities. Here is what I have found to work for our family.
Bible before, during, and after Breakfast (Students of the Word Curriculum)
Morning Chores
Toddler Time
Classical Conversations Curriculum and Ray's Classical Math Curriculm
Snack Recess and PE
Literature, Phonics/Reading and Writing
Lunch
Nap Time
Computer, Quiet Reading, Piano, Daily Chores
Science and History
Free Time
Bath and Dinner
Family Fun Nights
I have made the kids lists that they can check off when they complete a task. This has been great for all of us. They no longer have to ask what we are doing because they can see for themselves.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Sounds like you are figuring things out. Looks great.

Just wanted to let you know I'm blogging again.