
We had our first week of school. I think out of the 5 days, I changed the schedule at least 5 times. I didn't know how everything would work together, but we have a schedule that works for our family. I LOVE IT! I love to teach, but never knew how much I would enjoy teaching my children. They are learning so much. We have time to talk, figure out things, ask questions and get the answers. I love not having to be rushed. We are learning so much about the Bible. We start off our day with our Bible reading and prayer time. The kids have prayers that they write everyday and then spend time praying on their own. We have studied Genesis 1 and learned word meanings. We have memorized verses, learned how to read, how to write. We have learned numbers, all about creation, learned how to draw apples, learned to read music. We dance, sing, play with playdoh, build with blocks, play outside. I am amazed at how much we can fit into our day and yet still have time for chores, cooking and eating, and extra activities. I have constantly been in prayer. I want our day to be what Christ wantsfor us. I want to be stuctured, yet flexible. I want to glorify, trust and love God through our homeschool education. Proverbs 15:3 says, "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

2 comments:
Hi- my children are being baptized Oct 5th and I am trying to find the sheet music to the song you reference in your 5/19/08 blog "Baby Dedication". I first heard the song on the Praise Baby DVDs but have been unable to actually find it aside from that DVD/CD. My Google search led me to your blog and the printed words to the song. I am wondering if you found the sheet music. I see you reference the name of the song as "Praise You"- on the Praise Baby DVD it is listed as "Made to Praise". It is such a fantastic song. Let me know if you have any insight as to how I might find the music. Thank you! My email is karensherwood9@yahoo.com
I so glad you had such a wonderful week. I pray things are continuing to go smoothly. We are about 8 weeks into our school year now and having fun!
Post a Comment