4.21.2008

My babies


I love my boys so much. I love when I pick them up and they do that newborn stretch with their back arched and knees up. I love their smiles. I love when they hold their feet up in the air as I am changing their diapers. I love to see them growing and gaining weight.I am in the process of memorizing 1 & 2 Peter,and as I was nursing (which I do often), I read 1 Peter 2: 1-3 which says,"Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good." I looked at how my boys crave milk. They want to eat all of the time. Even when they finish, they still crave more. They wake up in the middle of the night craving more. God wants us to crave His word. Even after we spend time with Him, He wants us to still crave more. Even in the middle of the night, He wants us to wake up and still crave more. I am thankful for my boys to give me a visual of how I should be craving more of Him.

2 comments:

pammycakes said...

what sweet baby boys!!! how special that you have two of them :) what a joy!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for such an inspiring message. I definitely understand the concept having breastfed Ethan for 15 months. I can't wait to meet your babies! This may sound cheesy, but I want to kiss them through my computer...lol. :) I hope you are all doing well. You are an example of how a mother should be how you put God first and how you are breastfeeding your 4th and 5th children/twins. You have proven that anything is possible if your priorities are in order. Take care.