Using the Students of the Word curriculum, we spend many hours reading God's Word, studying characters, understanding the Greek and Hebrew meanings of key words, and praying. As we were studying Genesis 4, we read "If Cain is avenged seven times, then Lamech seventy-seven times." Then we talked about God speaking throughout the Bible and how this was Lamech speaking and not God. Hunter asked me if God speaks to us. He wanted to know if I could hear Him. I told him that God speaks to us through His Word. Hunter then asked me if I could read the part of the Bible where God says "I will help you catch the lizard." Apparently, Hunter prayed that God would help him catch a lizard and he was still waiting for him to answer.
To my children. In our daily living, may we do everything to the centrality of CHRIST!
9.30.2008
Hunter's prayer
Using the Students of the Word curriculum, we spend many hours reading God's Word, studying characters, understanding the Greek and Hebrew meanings of key words, and praying. As we were studying Genesis 4, we read "If Cain is avenged seven times, then Lamech seventy-seven times." Then we talked about God speaking throughout the Bible and how this was Lamech speaking and not God. Hunter asked me if God speaks to us. He wanted to know if I could hear Him. I told him that God speaks to us through His Word. Hunter then asked me if I could read the part of the Bible where God says "I will help you catch the lizard." Apparently, Hunter prayed that God would help him catch a lizard and he was still waiting for him to answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment